Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dr. visit.

Left: Audrey 4 months old, Top right: Audrey exhausted from her Dr. visit. 
Bottom right: Lydia showing me where on her leg she got her shot.  
    Thursday of this week I took the girls to see Dr. Smith. Lydia had to go for her 3 year old immunization shot and Audrey got her 4 month old shots. Dr. Smith said Lydia had a GREAT imagination. She pretended to make him a birthday cake while we had our visit. Doc. played along with her. I really like that about him. After he was done the nurse came in to do the dirty work. Lydia went first for obvious reasons. She cried when she got the shot and then once I held her she stopped crying and quickly gave the nurse a dirty look. I tried to re-frame from laughing. Next Audrey had her turn she to cried and then calmed down once I held her. 
    Just before we left two siblings were in the toy room along with Lydia they were crying and telling her they got a shot in the leg. Lydia calm and collected showed them where on her leg she got her shot. I was listing the whole time it was quite funny. They then told their mother that she (Lydia) had a shot too, and their mom said "and look she's not crying about it any more." I have to say that was a super funny trip to the Drs. office.

No comments:

Post a Comment