Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Cakes

Around my Daughter Lydia's 2nd birthday I discovered that I have a new talent.

Cake Decorating. It all started when I was surfing on Bettycrocker.com and came across a Barn cake. I watched the Tutorial video on it and was HOOKED. I have not taken any cake classes it has all pretty much been web videos and trial and error. I have had fun with it and also been very frustrated with it but I feel so blessed to be able to pull it off and make a couple Birthday kids thrilled to see how fun their cakes are.

Pirate Cake for my Brother in-law
Kitty Cat Cake for my Niece
Board Shorts cake for my Brother in-law
 
Flip Flop Cake for my Sisters in-law

Pony Cake for my Sister in-law
Sleeping Beauty Cake for Lydia's 3rd birthday
Football Field Cake for a Friend

Slumber Party Cake for my sister inlaw


 This last cake I did (the Slumber Party cake) was my first time making my own Fondant and I was happy to see that it actually turned out pretty good. I may use it in the future.

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented Jill! I love them all. I am so impressed with the fondant cake... fondant is so difficult to work with, let alone make by yourself! Caleb loves that pirate cake... we may have to call you up come October. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would love to make a cake for Caleb!

    ReplyDelete